Thursday, January 7, 2010

BCS Championship: Texas/Alabama

Well, its finally here. The Longhorns and Crimson Tide collide in Pasadena, CA. for all the marbles. Not many are giving Texas much of a chance from what I have been hearing. Alabama has a dominating defense and a powerful running game led by Heisman Trophy winner Mark Ingram. I would not be at all surprised by an Alabama victory, however, I think some folks are not factoring in the big game experience that QB Colt McCoy will provide for the 'Horns. If Texas can muster any semblance of a running game to keep the 'Tide defense somewhat honest and keep Ingram from totally dominating the game, I feel McCoy can provide enough big plays with his arm and legs to possibly pull off the upset. I'll go against the grain here and take 'the boys from the Lone Star State'.
-Take Texas +4.5

1 comment:

  1. As history dictates, the Heisman winner normally flops in "The Big" game. While I can see either team winning here, I think the player of the game will ultimately be the one wearing the stripes. There is heavy betting taking place on Bama, I agree, however I'm not so sure which side will be slanted tonight- the outcome +/-4.5 points, or the over/under? It will be interesting to see when and where the flags are thrown, and most importantly in a game of this stature, when they aren't thrown. Remember 'Bama's D can blanket receivers all day long if allowed. Shoe makes this game a no play- but a darn good game to watch!! Good luck to Shmooo!

    ReplyDelete